Monday, June 27, 2011

Krazy Knots

Krazy knots is a delicious recipe meant to make with your love one or child. It is quick and easy to  make in less than 20 min.

SMALL BOWL:

1/2 cup of warm water
2 TSP sugar
1 yeast packet
 LET SIT FOR 10 MIN.

LARGE BOWL:

1 1/2 cup of warm water
2 TBSP of oil
2 TSP of salt
3 TBSP of sugar

Add 2 bowls together and 6 to 8 cups of flour. Mix. Knead. Shape. Let the dough rise for 2 hours. Set the oven to 375 and place in the oven for approximately 20 min. For a slightly sweeter taste add icing or sprinkle brown sugar or powder sugar over the treat.

My aunt enjoyed baking and wanted to share her pleasure with her nieces, my cousins and I. Therefore, at the age of nine, she decided to start a tradition with us that consisted of early Saturday morning baking. Every Saturday me and my cousins would go over her house to bake these treats she called, krazy knots. The time spent with each other was very sweet and memorable. We did this tradition well into our teenage years till my aunt passed away. My cousins and I decided to maintain the tradition in honor of keeping our aunt's presence alive and in hopes of passing it down to our children.

No comments:

Post a Comment