Wednesday, June 8, 2011

My Daily Bread

After taking a personal inventory of my daily intake over the course of five days, I have concluded that I don't eat food that is beneficial for my body but rather beneficial for my mind.

FRI: Bowl of CoCo Puffs, strawberry kiwi smoothie, turkey and ham sandwich on rye bread, lasagna with bread sticks

SAT: Grits and four strips of bacon, six hot wings with fries, chicken salad, bottle of water, cheese sticks

SUN: Pancakes with watermelon, cinnamon crunch bagel with cream cheese, Caribbean passion jumba juice

MON: Grilled cheese sandwich, watermelon, spaghetti with garlic bread, banana nut cupcake

TUE: Gatorade, Chicken bacon ranch quesadillas with fries, chips and salsa

I  notice that I consume a lot of bread and, generally, food that isn't considered healthy. However, when I eat certain foods, such as wings or burgers, I feel complete and satisfied. Will I receive the same feeling if I ate a salad with a side of a bread stick? Most likely, no. I believe that the food I eat sustains me; and, the same feeling I get from eating quesidillas isn't the same if I at a half turkey sandwich on wheat. The more I analyze my eating habits, I realize that I don't eat for nourishment of the body but rather nourishment for the "soul". I like the feeling of being "full" rather than eating a small portion here and another there.

No comments:

Post a Comment